Another Veterinarian Mistake that Shouldn’t have Happened

Zelda
Zelda

When it comes to our pets, we all know they are important family members.  That’s why we try to provide them with the best care we can.  And we trust our veterinarian to provide them with the best care possible too.  So when things like this happen, it’s simply unacceptable.

Do you trust your veterinarian?

I love the veterinarian that we take our dogs too.  The whole office is great.  They understand that some of our rescue dogs, and our foster dogs, have issues due to their no so great pasts. And they’re willing to work with us on those issues.  Such as letting Chewy sit behind the reception area, instead of the waiting room, due to his aversion to most men.

I’m sure Zelda’s owners trusted their veterinarian too.  But they were let down by the staff at their animal hospital.

Death by teeth cleaning

Zelda
Zelda

It’s unimaginable.  They took their beloved, and elderly, pet in for what should have been a routine teeth cleaning.  And end up with a dog with burns on 90% of the right side of her body.  From a heating pad used to prevent hypothermia, while under anesthesia, during her dental procedure.  Which then led to her death, seven days later.  I would be devastated.  Most people would be.

They thought they were doing what was best for their little dog.  As we all know how important dental care is, for even our furry family members. And instead it ends up killing her.  And not a quick death.

Luckily, the Washington Department of Health Veterinary Board is investigating the circumstances surrounding Zelda’s death.  Read more about it here.

Be careful with using heating pads on your dogs

Hopefully, Zelda’s untimely death will help to raise awareness of what

can be harmful to dogs.  Not only by veterinarians, but also by owners.  With three dogs in the house with recurring neck and back problems, we use heating pads on the dogs often.  But we use , instead of the electric heating pads.  Mainly because they’re easier to use in crates without a cord.  But now we have another reason for loving the clay heating packs.

Comments

comments